- Excellent surgeon, but does not always teach.
- Although some find her scary, she is approachable and does like to teach
- Can be difficult to approach
- Very keen on teaching and extremely supportive to trainees. Uses clinics as mock exam cases providing excellent teaching. In theatre, explains decision-making very well and takes trainees through case with supervision
- Teaching at trauma meeting is excellent
- Amazing, perfect
- Very good at giving opportunities to “have a go” in theatre, for which I’m very grateful, but a slightly more forgiving teaching style would be better!
Though I am not Shrek or an Ogre at work, I obviously do need to improve! Sometimes I must appear to be unapproachable, even though I feel I am not. And I have often wondered if, perhaps, the direct manner in which I speak gives rise to this perception. My second sin is that, I will form an opinion about a trainee in the first 2 weeks or so. If I find the trainee surgeon unreceptive, arrogant, lazy or rude to staff /patients, I do not give him/her the same support I would have otherwise. As a teacher, irrespective of trainee attitudes , I should be encouraging to all. And that is the difficult part.